Saturday, December 11, 2010

this little piggy went to roseville.

The other week I bravely bundled up all 3 of my boys. I packed a diaper bag with everything I might possibly need to use in any given emergency situation. I sat in traffic in the rain unaware that Marysville was having a Christmas parade. I drove over an hour to get there and when we made our first stop I went to reach for my checks (I lost my debit card and have yet to replace it) and realized it was gone!

I called Billy who was working and he told me he borrowed it out of my purse when we had picked him up earlier on his lunch break and he forgot to put it back inside when he was done. We had NO way to pay for anything. I was so upset but I took the boys over to the mall anyways, just so they could stretch their legs and be out of the car for a bit before turning around to drive all the way back home.



SO. Flash forward to today, Billy took me down to Roseville with Isaac so I could actually get my errands done. We did some grocery shopping at Whole Foods and Billy took me over to Anthropologie to get a little gift for the family we will (God willingly) be leasing our studio from next year! While we browsed around these little piggy salt and pepper shakers caught my eye and Billy was thoughtful enough to sneak them up to the register where our other items were waiting.

So now they are all mine and they make me smile every time I look at them. Sometimes it really is just the simple things!

We also went over to Galleria but for some reason nothing really caught my eye. Not sure what it is but lately I have not been into "mall" shopping...this year I'm feeling handmade...sustainable..vintage...and purposeful gifts...and well, I just don't find too many of those in the mall!

What are you feeling for Christmas this year?

No comments: