Monday, February 14, 2011

whole lotta love...

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! This morning I woke up to the sweetest gift from my husband and I received some fabulous drawings from my littlest love bandits.

I always wondered if there were special perks to being married to an artist...turns out there are! He water colored the lollipop hearts onto this card and I must say I was impressed with the hand lettered "Happy Valentine's Day"...there's no way I could write that nice! But what I love the most is that Billy bought me a plant...I love flowers but they always die so quickly...in the planter, Billy stuck this little plant stake that says, "Grow Old With Me." It makes me smile every time I see it. And as sappy as it sounds, I think its a good reminder that in order for something to grow..whether it be a plant or a relationship...there has to be nourishment and care...and some sunshine doesn't hurt either. :)

Instead of a card I wrote my message to Billy on this red inflatable heart...I also bought this "Happy Valentine's" kite from an artist in Barcelona (last two pictures in this sequence are her photographs). Isn't it cute? I set them up with a bag full of some of Billy's favorite candy. I know Billy doesn't probably care too much about kite cuteness, so I am sending him off to my spa next week for a massage...which I think every hardworking man deserves. :)

There's also a giveaway going on over at the Hair Pretties page...contest closes on Friday night so be sure to enter!

No comments: