Wednesday, September 15, 2010

one. and some change.

When my sweet baby boy turned one last month, I decided to get him a special little keepsake present apart from his other gifts we got him. Billy says its not a present for Isaac...he says it was a present for me, but its not..honest!

Ever since I was pregnant for the first time (almost 8 years ago) I used to sing "Baby of Mine" to my babies...I have LOVED that song for as long as I can remember and I cry every time Dumbo's mom sings it to him...baby elephants have a special place in my heart. I love now that Colby and Micah are grown some they will actually sing "Baby of Mine" to Isaac when they are trying to "help" me put him down for a nap.

So mix my love of elephants with my love for all things vintage (which this is not, but it certainly has that look) and behold Isaac's little keepsake gift to commemorate his first year of life:





I wrote a little note to my baby on this letter pressed card and for now it will be tucked away inside his baby book.. I am so blessed to be his mama and have the honor of watching him grow...I am really treasuring these moments...because I know it will all go by so fast and soon enough he'll be able to read the sweet memories I recorded for him inside!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

oh my gosh, I don't have time to read this post all the way through, so I have to come back to it when I get off work, BUT i just had to tell you that that is the only song that I sang to Stevie when she was born. I love it, and Dumbo. This year when we went to Disneyland during the fireworks show which gets me all choked up anyway they played it and I bawled. I don't know why, but it gets me EVERY time. :)