Tuesday, August 3, 2010

hair pretties...






As long as I can remember I have been wearing pretties in my hair. Probably to distract people from staring at my not so pretty face! haha! :) But really. If I don't have a clip, a headband or a flower or SOMETHING in my hair I just don't feel right. I tried to take our last Christmas photo with just my hair down...it didn't happen. Literally while everyone was sitting in the car waiting for me I ran back inside and put on a thin black headband with a little bow. You can't even see it unless you are looking for it but for some reason (probably the reason being that I have bad, unruly hair) I just feel better with something on my head.

In fact, for our spring session with Joey I brought 2 hair pretties because I couldn't decide on one! Even had a custom headband made for our wedding. Oh wait, I even had one made for our rehearsal dinner. What can I say? I love them! I also have a fabulous little collection of these.

Well, last night I did the unthinkable and instead of buying pretties I made some! They didn't turn out too shabby for a first timer...I even broke down and cut bits of my Liberty of London tana lawn fabric to back the flowers. And of course when Colby and Micah woke up the next day they said, "Mom. Those are so pretty!" (they are the reasons I call them hair pretties). Micah learned it from Colby who since he was 2 used to tell me I was "pretty" if I put a flower in my hair. :) Actually, maybe Colby learned this from Billy because he always loves when I wear flowers in my hair too :)

To me they are a simple pick me up. They don't require any work (like makeup), you can just throw one on and go...

So. Enough babbling. Here's some photos I took of the headbands and thanks for all your sweet comments and the messages you sent on facebook. While I made these pretties for my little sisters, a few of these are on their way out the door to new homes. It's so fun making something so small that can bring a big smile on someone's face. :)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

One, you are gorgeous. Two, I would never in a million years think your hair unruly because you always look so put together in your photos, and your hair always looks bomb. Third, these are really cute!!! I am jealous of people who can wear hair pretties, I have horrible ears. Seriously.

Jacklyn and the Johnson Boys said...

Great work!! I see some stiff competition in my near future!! Is it bad that I want one of yours!! So bright and cheery....good job girly!!

Tiffany said...

I love you both!

Melissa-um. I have the worst hair ever, but after my cancer scare I told myself to shut up and just be happy for hair!! even if it is unruly!

and Jacklyn! I'm sure I owe you a pretty or two! Just say the word and they will be on their way out the door to you! And you ARE the hair pretty queen in YC. I just made mine for fun for my sisters and a couple other girls happened to want one. With the time I spend helping Billy with the design stuff I don't think I'm allowed to have any more 'jobs'!

But maybe one night we can get together and make hair pretties with each other for company! :)