Saturday, July 24, 2010

the old adage...


I'm sure we've all heard this one:

"Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today."

Well, when I was sick again for the last couple days I kept thinking about that. Billy was on vacation this week and there were so many things we wanted to do and wanted to get done but we kept finding reasons to put them off because we had no idea I would get sick and so we kept thinking we had all this time...

Then I got food poisoning and I really started wishing I had just done them. I think that is true of lots of things, not just projects around your house or little goals like "let's have a date night while my husband is on vacation...".

Sometimes it seems like the task is too giant (like sorting through all the mail or starting/finishing up the boys' scrapbooks) but the truth of the matter is you just have to start.

It's also true for me that I over estimate the time things take. I think something will take forever but in reality it doesn't take THAT long so I really need to work on fixing my mentality to start getting more accomplished.

It would have been nice to had a peaceful mind while I felt sick but instead I felt sick AND kept worrying about all the little things I didn't get done...and then it felt like I was working double time trying to catch up.

So if any of you have any tips for staying focused I would love to hear them!

Other than that I am happy to have my good health back and so happy we made it to church tonight. While I don't always love being challenged I know that I need to be because I always have room for improvement.

I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend! I'm off to check the target ad online! :)

*DISCLAIMER. PRETTY PICTURE FOUND ON TUMBLR AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS POST. :)

No comments: